Sunday, May 29, 2005

What am I doing in Philadelphia?!?!


Well, my trip is off to an auspicious start. I had a quick and uneventful flight to Charlotte, but once there I was told that something was wrong with the plane we were supposed to take to London.

USAirways: "We can't fly it all the way to London, but we're going to take you to Philadelphia instead."
Calvin: "Huh?"
USAirways: "Don't worry, the plane will be fine just going to Philadelphia. We'll fly you there and you can change planes and then go on to London."
Calvin: "Are you sure this is safe? When will I get to London?"
USAirways: "Oh yes, no worries. You will arrive in London around 1pm."

There's a bit more to it than that, but you get the idea. Long story short, I arrived safely at London Gatwick around 1pm. Jacque met me at the airport and we called the hotel and had them pick us up. I checked in, and then had a nice lunch and a few pints at the local pub. She couldn't stay long, but it was nice to see her and catch up.

I topped up my UK phone, so you should be able to call or send text messages to 01144 781 5966480.

Tommorrow I am off to Venice, Italy bright and early. My flight leaves at 06:55am and I should arrive there around 9am.

3 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny story, but glad you got there safely.

Charlie

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was awesome seeing you in the UK and sharing a few lychees. Enjoyed the pints too! Hope you and Leslie have an amazing time in Italy. I will show you around London next time around, I know where you can get an outstanding lychee martini.

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I read a study sometime a while back that said soy and trans-fat helped people get over jetlag and long flights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home