Friday, July 01, 2005

A Danish in Denmark

I made the most of my only full day in Denmark by exploring as many castles as I could. I had bought the "Copenhagen Card" at the airport and this turned out to be a pretty good purchase. It was only good for 24 hours, but got me in free to nearly every place I wanted to go.

After seeing the Danish crown jewels (insert joke here), I hopped on a train to Hillerod, a little village about 45 minutes outside of the city. There sat another castle and one of the most impressive places I've been. Many parts of the castle were restored and the rooms were all decorated as they had been when people lived there with lots of original furnishings. The best part though is just the building itself. It's a true castle surrounded by a large moat and is just very impressive to see. I will post pictures on my return.

I spent the rest of the day walking around the city. Had a monstrous salad for lunch at Nyhaven, which is probably the prettiest area of Copenhagen. After that I walked up and had a Wienerbrot (a Danish) and a cappuccino at one of the oldest confectionary shops in Denmark. It was excellent.

This marks the end of my continental European tour and now I head back to England. I'm flying to Manchester and then taking the train to Liverpool. Maersk-Air offers super cheap flights to Manchester. I'm only paying about $85 for a one-way flight to get back that I only booked a few days in advance. Very nice.

4 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get your ass back to the U.S!

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When can we get a hold of the uncensored version of this trip?

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH! You are only talking about the beautiful Scandinavian girls - PICTURES!

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monster Salad! C'mon Calvin - you cannot wait for some Southern BBQ, Burgers and Steaks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home